At ENT Surgeons of Melbourne we understand going to a specialist can be a daunting experience, which is why we have made it easy for you to know what to expect from your initial visit…
On your first visit it is best to allow at least one hour for your initial consultation appointment, in case there are any delays. We understand that your time is valuable and while our ultimate goal is to ensure patients are seen to at their scheduled appointments, sometimes our surgeons can be called into emergency surgery which can cause a delay. Please allow sufficient time for this when making your appointment. Your patience and understanding should this occur is greatly appreciated.
How to prepare for your visit…
It is important to bring along as much information as possible, which should include:
- Your Medicare Card – please note we do not bulk bill.
- Your private health insurance card – in case surgery is required.
- Your referral.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking.
- A copy of any sleep studies, X-Rays or CT scans taken within the last year specific to the condition we are seeing you for (not just the reports, but also the films if possible).
- A family member to take notes/help with questions especially if there is hearing loss or a speech barrier, or if the patient is coming from a nursing home.
- Leave yourself plenty of time for your new patient appointment. This will help to lower stress levels and make you more relaxed during your appointment.